The guided wave MRUT system is suitable for medium-range (~10 ft. or less) inspection of pipes 4” or larger. The probe is used in conjunction with the Innerspec PowerBox H and specialty software to inspect supports, elbows, ground penetrations and short runs of pipe. The system uses proprietary software to generate C-scan like images of the pipe from a remote location. The probe is operated by the user scanning the probe around the circumference of the pipe. As the user does this, the probe sends a series of guided waves along the axis of the pipe and generates a defect colormap of the area several feet in front of the probe.
- Rapid assessment of large areas from a single position
- Detection of wall loss under supports or insulation
- Not sensitive to liquids in the pipe
- Probe uses magnetic wheels to maintain contact with the pipe
- Single probe accommodates pipe sizes 4” and above
- Advanced processing algorithms generate high-resolution results
- Available PowerBox H add-on software to simplify operation